INFORMATION BELOW APPLIES TO THE FALL & SPRING SEMESTERS ONLY.
With over 15 different dining concepts on campus, you have a wide variety of food options. Student Meal Plan contracts are year-long obligations (both fall & spring semesters). Therefore, if you have a Meal Plan for the fall semester, you will automatically be given the same Meal Plan for the spring semester of the same academic year. Prices and values listed are per semester.
- First year students staying in the NMSU Residence Halls, who recently graduated from high school (even with Dual-Credit college credits) are required to purchase a Meal Plan and are limited to the Aggie Unlimited or the Aggie Choice 230. Upon verification of class standing/housing assignments, invalid choices will be changed to the Aggie Choice 230. Students required to have a Meal Plan, who have not applied for one by the first day of classes, will be assigned to the Aggie Choice 230. Click here tp review pricing and details.
- Changes to student meal plans can only be made within the first two weeks of dining operations each semester and must be done in writing at the ID Card Services office or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Aggie Dining Dollars are effective throughout the academic year from 7 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 14, through 10 p.m. They continue to be in effect during breaks and holidays for those restaurants continuing operations at those times. Only 100 Aggie Dining Dollars are issued during the first two weeks of classes. The remaining portion is issued after the Close of the Official Withdrawal Period.
Aggie Dining Dollars Carry Over from Fall to Spring,
but not from Spring to Fall
While unused Aggie Dining Dollars carry over from the Fall semester to the subsequent Spring semester, any unused Taos meals do not. Because the meal plan contract is for one academic year, any unused Aggie Dining Dollars at the end of the Spring semester are forfeited. We think that eating nutritious meals on a regular basis is important to any college student’s health and well-being. Because there is no carryover from one school year to the next, it is important to fully use your Meal Plan.
Aggie Dining Dollars can only be used for food and cannot be used for anything else including alcohol or gift cards.
Checking Meals Available Balance
You can check your Meal Plan balance here. The cash registers are also able to show a balance of available meals each time you use your card. Don’t hesitate to ask a cashier for this information periodically. It’s always a good idea to keep track of how often you use your Meal Plan.
Sharing your Meal Plan – Not an Option
Meals are not transferable. The Meal Plan you purchased is for your use exclusively. You may purchase meals for guests who accompany you with your Aggie Dining Dollars, Aggie Cash or cash. Please do NOT loan your card to a friend to use. Improper use or abuse of the Meal Plan program may result in disciplinary action.
When visiting Taos or other campus restaurants and food vendors, we ask that appropriate behavior be demonstrated at all times. Respect for your fellow diners and the facility itself is paramount in maintaining a quality food service operation. We greatly appreciate your assistance in:
- Bussing your own table
- Properly disposing of trash
- Cleaning up small spills
- Notifying food service personnel of larger spills
- Following the rules of the area
Using Taos Restaurant Facility
Taos Restaurant is an all-you-care-to-eat facility. To help control food waste, we ask that only one entrée be taken at a time. You are welcome to return for seconds, thirds, or fourths, but please take only what you can eat and eat all that you take. Reducing food waste assists in controlling costs. If you experience a problem in Taos, please contact a member of the Dining Services staff immediately.
Your overall satisfaction is extremely important to us. Please participate in our Dining Customer Satisfaction Survey, which is administered once each semester. Don’t hesitate to approach a manager or contact us at the Dining Services office in Room 130 of Corbett Center Student Union regarding any concern you might have. We welcome your comments and suggestions. While there, ask us about the Food Service Advisory Committee!